Parenting journey is not easy. It is full of challenges, both big and small. The thing about parenting rules is there aren’t any. But we all want what is best for our children. Sometimes, we need a little inspiration to help us through the tough times.
You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance. Your kids require you most of all to love them for who they are, not to spend your whole time trying to correct them.
Over the years, some wonderful mom songs rolled out which portrays her unconditional love for her children.
Inspirational parenting quotes can offer some much needed encouragement when things are tough. Here are 15 quotes to inspire you as a parent.
1. “Your children need your presence more than your presents.” – Jesse Jackson
2. “There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one.” – Sue Atkins
3. “The hardest job children face today is learning good manners without seeing any.” – Fred Astaire
4. “It’s not our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. It’s our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless.” – L.R. Knost
5. “There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing.” – Sir Ranulph Fiennes
6. “Children are made readers on the laps of their parents.” – Emilie Buchwald
7. “If you want your children to listen, try talking softly to someone else.” – Ann Landers
8. “It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it.” – Haim Ginott
9. “Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it.” – Harold Hulbert
10. “There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One is roots, the other is wings.” – Hodding Carter Jr.
11. “It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.” – Maya Angelou
12. “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
13. “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” – Honore de Balzac
14. “Children are our most valuable natural resource.” – Herbert Hoover
15. “There is no greater legacy than that of a loving parent.” – Unknown
More Parenting Quotes
“Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” – Anne Frank “
“A dysfunctional family is any family with more than one person in it.” – Mary Karr
“You must first teach a child he is loved. Only then is he ready to learn everything else.” — Amanda Morgan
“There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.”
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” — Frederick Douglass
“The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days waiting for better ones ahead.” — Marjorie Pay Hinkley “
“Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself.” — Saint Francis de Sales
“Having children is like living in a frat house — nobody sleeps, everything’s broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up.”
“Why don’t kids understand their nap is not for them, but for us?”
“Indeed – judicious, consistent parenting is a dream of mine. No judgments, learning space and listening carefully are my goals.” — Emma Thompson
“Never fear to spoil children by making them too happy. Happiness is the atmosphere in which all good affections grow.” — Thomas Bray
“Perhaps one day, they’ll understand all the sacrifices she gladly made out of love for them.” – John Mark Green
“Love is staying up all night with a sick child – or a healthy adult.” — David Frost
“Play helps build a warm relationship between family members and create a bank of positive feelings and experiences that can be drawn upon in times of conflict. Through play, you can help your children solve problems , test out ideas, and explore their imaginations.”—Carolyn Webster-Stratton
Although parenting is rewarding, it can also be tough as a human being. We hope these inspirational best parenting quotes help you through the tough times and help you to become a good parent.
Learning together to live well in an imperfect world, loving each other despite or even because of our imperfections, and growing as humans while we grow our little humans, those are the goals of gentle parenting.
You can utilize them to impact how you see your own motherhood and parenting overall or just to advise you that you can do it and you are sufficient.
Do you have any favorite parenting quotes you love to read during the hard times?